RSS

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Of Spring and Anniversaries






First of all, Happy May!



This has been a very busy time at the Tiny Green Cottage as I have just wrapped up my second semester of graduate school yesterday evening. Between writing term papers, creating presentations and collaborating on group projects, our little blog also turned one year old on the 29th of April!




It is hard to believe so much time has past since I began documenting our daily travails in the garden. What began as an experiment has turned into a fully-fledged hobby, and I owe much of that to my readers! Thank you!




Since I've last updated the blog, the garden has gone wild! Our Pink Rhododendron has bloomed and been judiciously pruned of creeping Ivy, our Lavender is swarming with honeybees, and we are growing a series of 'Camelot' Delphinium almost as tall as a man!!

In addition to all of the weeding, fertilizing and planting, we've also found ourselves the guardians of another little hen. The local pet store was giving started pullets away (presumably, chicks purchased around Easter which didn't sell) and we couldn't resist taking another home. Her name is Francine, and she is a Buff Orpington. Here is a little video of introduction, we think she's really sweet!




Last weekend, The Husband and I went to Pix Patisserie for treats and drinks in SE Portland. As it is semi-garden related, I've uploaded a photograph of the Rosemary and Pear tart I had while visiting there. The filling was a cashew creme and I paired it with a lovely sparkling white. Who would have ever guessed Rosemary, Cashew and Pear were a natural flavour combination? It was just as delicious as it was beautiful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment