RSS

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Things to Grow




I've been busy putting things in the dirt!
The PSU Farmers Market has been offering free seed packets from Seeds of Change and I've made it a priority to drop by every weekend to grab a packet for my very own. As you can see, the purple theme runs deep. Over the past three weeks I've helped myself to Larkspur, Lobelia and Eggplant--as well as some heirloom seed varieties which were given away as part as someone's thesis! Very exciting.
In addition to that; we've also picked up some herb and veggie starts. We like to start as much as possible by seed, but sometimes we just can't wait. We bought a 'Satin Beauty' and Japanese eggplant, Bush Beans, 'Ambrosia' Cantalope, French Tarragon, Dill and Rosemary.
Also: I have loads of Dahlia tubers to plant . I planted all three of the purple varieties which include 'Voodoo', 'Jennifer's Wedding' and 'Thomas Eddison'. But the red varieties still need homes in the yard. I can only remember 'Arabian Nights' and 'Bi-Color' as the names.

0 comments:

Post a Comment