RSS

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Chelsea Pensioners Garden


Hello Friends!

I was going to do a quick photo post of the Tiny Green Cottage and how it stands today, but I found my photos to be rather droll and uninspiring despite the fact I still have some flowers blooming. While the stalwart Delphinium and Calendula add a little autumnal charm to my garden, those sparse images certainly cannot compare to what I am about to share!


Doing a random search for Cottage Gardens, I stumbled across this wonderful site featuring images from the Chelsea Pensioners Garden in dear ol' Blighty (ie.England). I found the content of this particular web page very inspiring, and I certainly hope they don't mind I've adopted a few images to share with my readers.



This Chelsea Pensioners Garden seems to be the ultimate in the cottage-look! Of course, it being English certainly helps, but it also features a romantic jumble of heirloom plants, clamoring roses, and quaint water features all combined with antiquated accents to create an evocative look of yester-year.
I just love the look of the Foxglove in the vegetable garden, and the white roses climbing up the brick of the fireplace. If you look closely, you can see a tiny bird's nest in the corner. What a beautiful place this must be in person!

If you would like to see more of these images, please follow this link to Moosey's Country Garden where I found everything featured today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment