RSS

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ides of March

To think that I have not written in this blog since November is just appalling! But here I am in mid-March, finally making my first post of the New Year!

Much has happened in the garden since then, including projects big and small. In no particular order; we are starting seeds in sunny windows; brassicas, peppers and tomatoes, smothering grass with landscaping fabric, building a new chicken coop and preparing the house for some major updates including insulation and a new heating system!

Now is the time of year when the rain seems perpetual and the yard is a muddy mess. No matter how barren the yard seems now, I sometimes need to remind myself that in a matter of months everything will change once again!

Herb Garden, July 2010

4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Hang in there, pretty soon you'll be out in your gardens, and taking care of projects inside and out.

Have a wonderful Spring ~ FlowerLady

Marcy said...

Just ran across your profile and the words Tasha Tudor popped out! I have a copy of "The Private World of Tasha Tudor". I enjoyed learning about her and loved her "sparrow post" letters. Your gardens look amazing!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Yes I'm having trouble with the weather too. I know sunshine is coming but, hurry up already. I look forward to seeing your projects as you post them.

Mikhail said...

My daffodils are reminding me of what is to come. I so adore them - that bright yellow becon that keeps me going and reminding me my yard will no longer be a mud pit soon!

Post a Comment