RSS

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Updates for May 2011

Finally!

A long overdue update from this weary Cottager, who has been busy with everything *other* than gardening.

In-between massive construction updates to the Cottage itself (mostly related to insulation and heating and cooling systems), I have also completed my graduate degree in Library Science. I'm thrilled to be done of course, and am definitely ready for some time in the garden!

The vegetable garden feels horrible neglected this year---I have yet to seed my beets and all of my chard and edible flowers, but things are gradually coming together as time allows. I have already mowed the lawn twice this year, so not everything has been flung to the wayside.

Here is a taste of something rather new at the T.G.C; our Cayuga ducklings, Pomona and Ophelia who turn one month this week!


The girls just love swimming in our bathtub and eating baby spinach greens. They have also learned to quack as of this morning!

2 comments:

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

The ducklings are so cute! I hear they love slugs, and there sure seem to be a lot this year. Congrats on finishing your degree!

Rainy Day Gardener said...

Congrats on finishing your graduate program! Your ducks are so cute!

Post a Comment